This list was put together for purposes to notify homeowners and tree companies the policies different towns/boroughs have regarding tree removal on private land. This list does not go over different town/borough polices regarding the size of the right of way, or if a town has a property buffer zone. Also, this list does not include heritage trees;
- A heritage or landmark tree can be;
- A tree with historical significance.
- A tree with extraordinary height
- A tree with features or scenic enhancement that is of special importance to the borough.
- A tree older than 100 years of age.
- A rare tree
Do not use this resource as an only point of reference. For further assistance please contact the town’s shade tree commission or building department.